Railroad-crossing repairs begin next week on Stiles Avenue in Maple Shade
Necessary safety work will require road closure and detours
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a railroad crossing rehabilitation project that will require road closures and detours beginning next week in Maple Shade, Burlington County.
Beginning at 7 a.m. Tuesday, August 16, until 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 17, the two-way traffic on Stiles Avenue is scheduled to be closed between East Broadway and East Front Street, before the railroad grade crossing. The following detours will be in place:
From Stiles Avenue south:
• Traveling south on Stiles Avenue will be directed to make a right on East Broadway
• From East Broadway, motorists will make a left onto North Forklanding Road
• From North Forklanding Road, motorists will make a left onto East Main Street
• From East Main Street, motorists will continue back onto Stiles Avenue
From Stiles Avenue north:
• Traveling north on Stiles Avenue will be directed to make a right East Main Street
• From East Main Street, motorists will make a right onto North Forklanding Road
• From North Forklanding Road, motorists will make a right onto East Broadway
• From East Broadway, motorists will continue back onto Stiles Avenue
The traffic detour will be coordinated with the local police. If work is completed earlier, the roadways will be reopened accordingly.
In order to provide safer and smoother railroad crossing in Maple Shade, the existing crossing will be replaced with new concrete crossings and new asphalt approaches. This federally-funded project is included within NJDOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program which repairs, upgrades, or removes approximately 30 crossings each year, statewide.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.