Route 40/Main Street closures necessary for drainage improvements in Hamilton Township
Detours required during weekday closures
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a full closure of Route 40/Main Street at the intersection of Farragut Avenue for a drainage structural repairs project in Hamilton, Atlantic County.
Beginning Wednesday, November 8 at 7 a.m. until 5 p.m., and continuing Monday through Thursday for the next several weeks, NJDOT’s contractor IEW Construction, is scheduled to close Route 40/Main Street between Farragut Avenue and River Drive/CR 617 to perform drainage maintenance improvements including installation of new pipe, manholes and inlets. The following detours will be in place:
Route 40/Main Street westbound detour:
- Motorists will be directed to bear left at the fork for River Drive/CR 617
- Continue straight through the light on River Drive/CR 617
- Turn right onto Harding Highway/Route 50 northbound
- Turn left onto the Route 40 westbound/Main Street
Route 40/Main Street eastbound detour:
- Motorists will be directed to take make a right onto Harding Highway/Route 50 southbound
- Make a left onto River Drive/CR 617
- Bear left at the fork for Route 40 eastbound
Local businesses on Route 40/Main Street will remain open and local residents will be allowed limited access during construction.
Variable message signs and road closure signs will be utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the drainage maintenance improvements project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weatheror other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.