P.O. Box 600
Contact: Steve Schapiro
RELEASE: December 14, 2017
Route 17 southbound ramp to Route 4 westbound closed overnight for emergency parapet repairs
Traffic shift will be in place on ramp for several weeks
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the overnight closure of the Route 17 southbound ramp to Route 4 westbound for emergency parapet repairs in Paramus, Bergen County.
Starting at 10 p.m. Friday, December 15, until 7 a.m. the next day, NJDOT’s contractor IEW Construction Group, Inc. will close the Route 17 southbound ramp to Route 4 westbound to install construction barriers on the ramp. The barriers will shift traffic on the ramp to the left away from the parapet, prior the start of the emergency repairs. After the barriers are in position the ramp will reopen to regular traffic for the duration of the repairs, which are expected to take place for several weeks. The following overnight detour will be in place.
Route 17 southbound to Route 4 westbound detour:
(From 10 p.m. Friday, December 15, until 7 a.m. Saturday, December 16)
- Route 17 southbound motorists will continue onto the exit for Route 4, and stay left at the fork for Route 4 eastbound/Fort Lee/New York
- Stay in the right lane on Route 4 eastbound and take exit for Spring Valley Road
- Stay in the left lane and turn left onto the Spring Valley Road overpass
- Stay in the left lane on the overpass
- At the Stop sign, turn left onto Spring Valley Road southbound
- Take ramp to Route 4 westbound
Variable message signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the emergency repairs
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.